Wednesday 8 October 2014

Normansfield Theatre

Two weeks ago it was Open House Weekend again in London - I had a few things on my list (the choice was massive with more than 800 buildings taking part) but my cold and the fact all things seemed to be very busy held me back.
Nevertheless we made it to one venue - the Langdon Centre in Teddington.
Inside the main building is an original Victorian theatre hidden, the Normansfield Theatre, one of the last private ones left.
There was a tour but we were left alone to take photos and explore this impressive venue on our own.
The theatre studies BA in me was having a party and so did the photographer :-)
Already looking forward to the Open House Weekend next year to explore much more unusual things right in front of my doorstep!








PS: And if you think that this place looks vaguely familiar - it has been used in series one "Downton Abbey" when the Dowager Countess hands her "Best Rose" award to Mr. Molesley senior.

2 comments:

  1. Ich dachte gerade das käme mir bekannt vor :D Die Rosen! :) Super schön!

    ReplyDelete