Saturday 31 March 2012

birthday girl

My birthday is already over a month ago again but I still wanna show you what lovely and thoughtful presents I have got from three of my friends.

First is the brilliant "Parisian chic" style guide by the former model Ines de la Fressange. I have been thinking about buying this book for a while but never did...thanks to a very attentive friend it is mine now. Although loads of the style advise probably only works if you are a size 6 and living in a chique Paris left bank appartment with your millionaire husband, it still is simply a beautiful book to look at. And to be honest...she recommends that leather jackets should always look used so you should walk on them or put them under your mattress. Mine has been in bed for a week now...;-)



Next is this truly inspiring  "Book of Home Sewing" from Liberty. As you all know I love this shop a lot. And I got a sewing machine last year and since then started making my own pillow cases and curtains for the house. So this book works in two ways: as eye candy for the Liberty lover and as a really useful sewing guide. Love it and love the fact that I have time now to start new projects!


Last but not least I got this modern classic. So many places which are probably all amazing...and so few I have been yet. Not sure I will ever tick most of the boxes in this guide but it is a nice and inspiring way to flick through and escape everyday life for a while.


What do those tell about me? That I am a stylish fashion conscious, crafty interior designer and globetrotter? Or that it is about time that I learned about those things at last? Just kidding...I love all three (and the thought behind)!

No comments:

Post a Comment