Friday 8 February 2013

Dr. No

director: Terence Young

year: 1962

with: Sean Connery, Ursula Andress, Joseph Wiseman, Bernard Lee, etc.



story: "James Bond's investigation of a missing colleague in Jamaica leads him to the island of the mysterious Dr. No and a scheme to end the US space program"

what I liked: Watching it in 2013 is of course a whole different experience so what I liked most was the retro feel, set, costumes and the unintentional fun a 50 years old film bears. Constantly said  "Oh, I love this skirt" or "Lovely wallpaper". Enjoyed that it was so tame and bloodless compared to the modern films.

what I disliked: Of course I didn't fully get the plot again but that is just me and didn't diminish the experience.

verdict: My first ever classic Bond film! And it didn't hurt. Still don't fancy Sean Connery and probably never will but I now should watch them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment