Tuesday 5 February 2013

tasteless tin

I have a confession to make. I'm using tins in my kitchen.

Not everything and not always but apart from the absolut essential tinned tomatoes without which I couldn't cook anyhting anymore and would have to starve, I'm using tinned peas, kidney beans and mushrooms.
In Germany I have a ritual, whenever I open one of those tins I stick a spoon in and try a bit. Only for quality inspection of course ;-)
It tastes nice, I like the peas, mushrooms or beans.



Not in the UK!
Here for no obvious reasons the above named tinned goods are not salted! Means: they taste bland. Or as the German would say: wie Arsch und Friedrich.
What is it with that English aversion to taste?!
Within a meal they are usable but not otherwise. Boo.

1 comment:

  1. what a confession :D

    the french tins are a lot like those german ones... and they are made differently somehow - i never cut myself! *knockonwood

    ReplyDelete