Thursday 13 December 2012

I´m going slightly mad

3 o´clock, I have an appointment to get my hair cut. Take the bus, then train, then walk, arrive on time. Sit there and wait a few minutes as I´m too early, as usual.
The door opens, somebody walks in. Not sure if it is a she, a he or even better described as a something. Somebosy wrapped in a woolly coat, wearing a Santa Claus hat on top of a blond and curly angels wig and sun glasses...the voice is female. She sits down next to me, introduces herself as the wife of Santa Claus and offers me chocolate which I kindly refuse. She is talky, I pretend to do some serious texting. I get called in, get my hair washed and sit down in front of the mirror again, looking like an idiot cause thats how you look with combed wet hair at a salon (well, at least I do).  She sits on the chair next to me. And talks while her long black hair gets trimmed...talks to her hairstylist...to mine...I refuse. Talks about role plays, that she is a vampire, that she loves the Twilights series and re enacts it, that her nickname is bat, that she has visions and could foresee the death of her cat, that she is a such a special person, dresses up as Michael Jackson sometimes, starts singing, shows around photos, her advice: good vampire hands can be achieved by wearing latex gloves with black fake nails stuck on.
Well...all staff are good sports really. I´m trying some harmless smalltalk with my hairdresser girl. She talks about the Twilight films, not really my thing. Mentions loads of other films she has seen or wants to see, I don´t know any of them and don´t mind it.
In an attempt to say something as well I mention the "Les Miserables" film coming out January. "What is that?" - "Hmm, the musical!?!" No, never heard!"...After that I keep her talking about the new Linkin Park album and start listening to the Santas wife again in the background again...some afternoons are really special.

3 comments:

  1. at least kind of funny?

    how's your hair? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaaaaaaa... da will ich auch zum friseur! :o) find ich super, ich mag solche personen, wenn sie harmlos sind. :o)

    ReplyDelete